- Water Stains or Walls/Ceilings A clear sign that you need to call a roof repair service is when you notice water damage on your ceiling or walls. Although you might not see water dripping it could be a sign that you have a leaky roof. It’s better to be safe than sorry – call a professional roofer to find out if it’s your roof that is causing the leak.
- Moss on Your Roof The purpose of a roof is to keep water from sitting on top of your home. Draining into your gutters is ideal. If you notice moss or algae growing on your shingles, then not only will you lose curb appeal, but also may need a roof replacement. Small patches may only need a simple cleaning with moss remover. However, larger areas can lead to rot and eventually cause severe damage to your roof.
- Animals in Your Attic If you hear or see rats and mice, squirrels, mice, or birds in your attic but the windows are closed, then you may want to call a roofing company. Animals may only need a small hole to enter, but they can cause more damage once they make your home their own. Keeping a tight seal on your roof will avoid critters making their way inside your home.
- Weather Damage Weather can be a major hazard to your roof, including wind, rain, hail, and even the sun. The good news is that damage caused by nature can be covered by homeowners insurance. But it also means that you need to act quickly to ensure your roof issues aren’t ruled as wear-and-tear. Always look at your roof for damages after a major storm or heatwave and make sure to talk to your insurance company if you notice anything unusual.
- Missing Shingles A clear sign that you need a roofing contractor is if you are missing some shingles. Roof shingles may also be moved or broken which may not look hazardous at first, but it could be a sign that your roof is getting old. It is best to get a roof inspection occasionally to make sure you don’t go too long without a necessary repair.